Scope after B.Sc. in Zoology
B.Sc. in Zoology is an undergraduate course in Zoology. Zoology is the branch of science which deals with the study of animal kingdom including the evolution, structure, classification, embryology, habits and distribution of all the animals. This course is offered for candidates who are interested in the study of animals. The minimum time required to complete the course is three years. These three years are further again divided into six semesters. Candidates who have completed their higher secondary level of education in Science with biology as one of the papers are eligible for the course. After completing the course candidates can either opt for higher studies or they can search for jobs. There are numerous higher study options for graduates in B.Sc. Zoology. Graduates in Zoology can also find various job opportunities. They are of high demand in many organizations both in India and abroad.
Scope of Zoology
- Sc. Zoology / Applied Zoology
Biotechnology / Microbiology
Medical Microbiology / Biochemistry
- Post Graduate Diploma in Life Science
- Phil., Ph.D.
- NET / SET of UGC for Lectureship
- CSIR for Research
- Ed. for High School Teacher Job
Software or Management Courses
- Short erm courses in Software by institutions like GNIT or Oracle
- Indian Forest Service (Indian Forest Service Exam)
Job in Reserved Forests and Wildlife sanctuaries.
- Civil Services Exam (UPSC) once in a year
- Any Private Job
Various sectors for Zoologists:
- Colleges / Schools
- Agricultural / Fish Farms / Aquaculture Farms / Hatcheries
- Medical Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Environmental Agencies