Counselling is an integral part of the total educational enterprise. The Mission of the Counselling Cell at our college is to facilitate wise choices and decisions and to promote adjustment and mental health. The psychological purpose of counseling is to facilitate development. The more a person becomes aware of the structures she has built up through previous development – abilities and talents, social assets and liabilities, emotional strengths and weaknesses. Wishes, values and aspirations – the more she is able to influence her own subsequent development by the choices she makes. The main purposes of counselling are to promote this kind of awareness, to facilitate this kind of choice.
- To identify the problem areas or difficulties of individuals, their potentialities and limitations
- To help students develop their potentialities through a greater self understanding to enable them to take full advantage of the environmental resources
- To help mitigate suffering, reach appropriate solutions, take responsible decisions, and enable students to become self-actualized individuals.
- Identify students who require help
- Conduct counseling sessions
- Refer students to experts for guidance
- Organize lectures/seminars/workshops by experts and professionals
- Administer, score, and interpret psychological tests.