Programme: B.A. Economics
- Students are expected to develop critical thinking skill and quantitative reasoning skills specific to business and accounting.
- Explain the function of market and prices as allocative mechanisms
- Identify key Macroeconomic indicators and measures of economic change, growth and development.
- Explain the contribution of economics to the analysis of non-market social issues.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO):
- Students should apply economic analysis to everyday problems in real world situations
- Understand current events and evaluate specific policy proposals
- Possess problem-solving skills to have clear solutions and to address problems which have no clear answers.
- Know the market structure, demand analysis and fixation of price.
Course Outcome (Learning Outcome):
- Application of economic theory and quantitative analysis to major areas of study.
- Expected to be able to communicate effectively in oral, written and graphical form about specific issues.
- Know the role of domestic and international institutions and norms in shaping economics.
- Ability to use the economic tools of analysis.
- A knowledge of budgetary analysis and fiscal deficit of national economy.
- Analyse causes and consequences of unemployment, inflation and economic growth.
- To be able to prescribe the policies and programmes for the well-being of the society.