The aim of Department of Chemistry is holistic development of its students to transform the society through academic excellence, employability, acquisition of scientific skills and community service.
Program Outcomes: Faculty– Chemistry
At the graduation in chemical science faculty the students
- Acquire a sound knowledge about the chemical facts , figures ,elements, equations and laboratory experiments related to all branches of Chemistry.
- Understand the basic concepts, fundamental principles, and the scientific theories in chemistry and relate it to various scientific activities in the day-to-day life.
- Acquire the skills in handling scientific instruments, planning and performing the laboratory experiments and drawing logical inferences from the scientific experiments
- Are able to think creatively to propose novel ideas in explaining facts and figures or providing new solution to the problems.
- Realize how developments in chemistry subject helps in the development of other science subjects and how interdisciplinary approach helps in providing better solutions and new ideas for the sustainable developments.
- Develop scientific outlook not only in chemistry and related subjects but also in all aspects related to life.
- Realize that knowledge of subjects in other faculties such as humanities, arts, social sciences etc. can inspire in evolving new scientific theories and inventions.
- Imbibe ethical, moral and social values in personal and social life leading to highly cultured and civilized personality.
- Develop various communication skills such as reading, listening, speaking, etc., which we will help in expressing ideas and views clearly and effectively.
- Realize that thirst of knowledge is a lifelong activity and in combination with untiring efforts and positive attitude will lead towards a successful life.
- Develop flair by participating in various social and cultural activities voluntarily, in order to spread knowledge, creating awareness about the social evils, blind faith, etc.
Program Specific outcome :
- It enables the students to have a thorough understanding and knowledge of different branches of Chemistry
- The students acquire theoretical and practical skills that underpins the various branches of Science
- The students develop the ability to think analytically and solve problems.
- It facilitates the students to join PG courses which in turn offer them job opportunities and research pursuits.
- Helps to apply the skills and knowledge gained through the subject to real life situations and face competitive examinations with confidence at National level.
- It creates an awareness about ecofriendly microscale experiments in practical courses.
- Helps to evolve, design methodology, analyze, evaluate and report on innovative scientific problems.
- Helps to recognize the challenging concepts of chemistry and extend it to life time changes.
- Finally Chemistry considered as the “mother” science offers a wide range of career opportunities in such diverse areas as teaching, research, chemical and related industries, consultancy and entrepreneurship.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- The Outcomes of UG Course, B. Sc. in Chemistry
- At the completion of B. Sc. in Chemistry the students:
- Develop a strong foundation in chemistry which helps in scientific reasoning and Analytical problem solving with a molecular perspective.
- achieve the skills required to succeed in graduate school, the chemical industry and professional school.
- Get exposures of a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation.
- understand the importance of the Periodic Table,the occurance of the Elements and its role in organizing chemical information.
- understand the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry and integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to solve a wide variety of chemical problems.
- learn the laboratory skills needed to safely design and interpret chemical research.
- acquire a deep knowledge of chemistry of sufficient breadth and the depth which enable them to understand and critically interpret the primary chemical literature.
- develop the ability to communicate scientific information and research results in written and oral formats.
- learn professionalism, including the ability to work in teams and apply basic ethical principles.